Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Wednesday Update on Tanner

Tanner came home from the vet yesterday with a steroid to try.  This is hopefully going to reduce inflammation and help him breath better.  He sounded less labored last night a couple of hours after taking the pill.  Fingers crossed this is what he needs!

I went ahead and gave fluids this morning because he is very dehydrated.  He sometimes acts like he wants to eat, but then walks away.  I am continuing to syringe food to him.

He has really taken a hit this time around and has lost 3 pounds in just a couple of weeks.

He is sitting in the corner...purrs he feels better soon!

9 comments:

  1. Mega-watt purrs from Nicki and Derry and universal Light from me. We all hope this helps Tanner turn the corner and be on the road to recovery. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending lots of healing purrs to Tanner! I know he needs them to get through this rough spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to send strong healing purrs; our paws are crossed that the steroid will help and you will soon feel better, Tanner.
    Purrs ... Rainbow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Tanner. I hope he feels better soon and can gain some weight. Would cerenia , the anti-nausea pill help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been on that for two weeks now. I think he just can't breathe so he doesn't want to eat.

      Delete
  5. Poor Tanner! We continue to purr for him and hope the steroid helps him. It may have an added effect of increasing his appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Tanner! Sending purrs and prayers that the steroid offers him relief! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor boy. If he can't breathe he can't smell the food and so won't have any interest in it. When Flynn wouldn't eat I gave him the strongest smelling food I could find and took the chill off it in the microwave. Sending prayers and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purrayers and POTP for Tanner ! I hope the steroid works and he begins to feel better.

    I got behind reading blogs and never sent my sympathy for the loss of little Earmuff. I hope all the rest of them stay happy and healthy,

    ReplyDelete

We love comments...meows and purrs please!