Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Monday, August 30, 2010
Devon was attacking this bag of birdseed in the pantry. We discovered later that it was full of moths! The bag is now outside, although we are still finding moths in the pantry. It is a source of great entertainment for the boys. Cousin Sophie peeks in for a bit to see what is happening.
Friday, August 27, 2010
This lovely lady was at the parade in Red Wing...she had a sweet guinea pig named Ninja that we were happy to meet!
Well, there you have it...some of the wonderful people we met on our trip to Minnesota!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Tanner was slightly worried, afraid he would be fussed at for his weight. He remedied that problem by peeing on his towel...he successfully lost 1 ounce!! WTG Tanny!!
His blood work all came back normal, and his teeth were nice and clean. Overall she was pleased with him, and I was relieved :)
Smokey also went, and he behaved like a true gentleman. He had gained some weight which is exactly what he needs to do. He weighs 10.1 now. Anything over 10 and I am one happy momma! His bloodwork was all good and so were his teeth.
Thankful today for healthy mancats. (Devon goes in December)
Thursday, August 19, 2010
There were booths from all over the state at this farmer's market and it was set up on the sidewalks downtown. There was something for everyone...Next week we'll show you some of the strange and unusual things we found...
Well, there you have it. For more fabulous gardens check out the other members of The Society of Feline Gardeners.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Smokey is showing off his cute tummy for us...
Now on to our newest award...presented to us by MishKat. We are so honored to have been selected.
1) Thank and link back to the person who gave you this award:
2) Share 7 things about yourself, and this needs to be the human...
- I work for the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill...go Tarheels! I also graduated from here and started working for my department when I was a student. That experience led to a full-time job.
- I love to read, and my favorite authors include: Debbie Macomber, Rita Mae Brown, Donna Andrews, Michael Crichton, Leann Sweeney, JK Rowling.
- My dreams include, owning a beach house, living in a small downtown apartment above a bookstore that I own, running a bed and breakfast, or starting a hospice facility for older cats with special medical needs.
- I enjoy cooking and watching the Food Network
- My trip to Japan in 2008 was the first time I had left the country. I hope Europe will be my next foreign excursion!
- I love facebook and spend way too much time playing games on there. My favorites are Mafia Wars and Frontierville.
- My biggest fear in life is that something bad will happen to my boys and they will suffer and wonder why mom isn't here to help them.
3) Now to pass this along to 5 other bloggers...
Monday, August 16, 2010
Friday, August 13, 2010
In Minneapolis, there was a neat metal sculpture store...the cats thought these rabbits were funny because of all the trouble we've had with rabbits in our garden this year! Watch out Rabbit, or we'll turn you into a sculpture!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
We were all waiting for the parade in Red Wing, Minnesota to begin, in celebration of the River City Days, and look what we found...can you see her? Ninja, the guinea pig was sitting right beside us on the parade route!!! Her lovely owner let us get photographed with Ninja...we've never seen a guinea pig before, we were a bit afraid she would nibble on our cardboard selves!
Just to clarify...the flat cats shown are (l-r) Smokey, Tanner and Devon, then cousin Pirate and cousin Sophie.
This video takes the cake though...it isn't the best of quality, but it is a group from the nursing home, and they are playing bedpans!! ROFL
More on our trip tomorrow...
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
They started at the airport, and needed a snack almost immediately...water and chips for everyone!