Well, I forgot to do a Tanner Tuesday post, so we'll do it today...
Tanner is doing well. Last week, we repeated the ultrasound and so the boy was shaved again :) Here are the specific results of his ultrasound. I'm going to need to to google some of these terms!
Abdominal Ultrasound (Sept 2nd):
-Markedly improved, but persistent subcapsular tissue of the left kidney
-Resolved right renal nodule, but persistent perinephric steatitis
-Mild splenic lymphadenopathy
-Improved jejunal and colic lymphadenophathy
REMISSION STATUS: Strong partial remission
This week, the chemo was in pill form, and thankfully, they let me give it at home. He still had to run over to his regular vet for a quick CBC, but was back home before he knew it! We waited to hear from the vet school to make sure his counts were high enough for the pills. They were, so I gave them at home. He gets a total of 75 mg of cyclophosamide (a 25mg pill and a 50mg pill) The 50mg is a bit large, so I think next time I'll ask for three 25mg's. Tanner is a champ at taking pills, but these were larger than his regular heart pills, so it was more of a challenge. Auntie and I wanted to make sure he didn't get too upset taking them, so I would give the pill, and then she would offer him a small spoonful of ice cream to wash it down! Then he would get the next pill and another small spoonful of ice cream. When we finished, he just sat there waiting for another pill! I think that plan worked just fine!! Mary Poppins was right...A spoonful of sugar DOES make the medicine go down!
Tanner continues to eat well and play hard. He doesn't know he has cancer, and he doesn't seem to realize he is getting meds for it either. Thankful for no side major effects!
He has been sneezing some since last week getting the vincristine. We are doing lysine in his food. Everything is clear and isn't effecting his appetite or behavior. We'll see next week when he goes in what they do about it...last month, we took a week off from chemo and treated with antibiotics. Now that this seems to be a pattern, I don't know if they will treat with antibiotics but still give the chemo, or once again, make us wait a week.
Well, that's our update this week...looking good for Tanner!