Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Black Cat Appreciation Day

I have always loved black cats, but it wasn't until I adopted my first one that I was totally smitten!  Smokey came to me after the kitten I had originally adopted died the day she came to my house.  She had a bad reaction to her vaccine...it was very tragic and sad.  I searched the newspaper for a kitten and ended up with Smokey.  This was the best thing that could have happened to me!

Smokey was such a silly boy and I loved snuggling with him.  He shared my pillow at night and was such a love bug.  He has been gone for almost two years and I still miss my gorgeous goose!

Smokey was 5 when Devon came along.  They tolerated each other, to say the least, as Devon was always trying to be just like his big brother!
Devon and Smokey just hanging out.  Devon died in 2012 at the age of 11.  He was a nut and always doing something crazy!
Devon sent Oliver to us in 2013 and once again Smokey had a pesky little brother.

Harrison and Flynn joined the family in June and they have been wonderful additions!  They fit right in with the household and are such sweet boys.

Oliver has decided they are not so bad and enjoys hanging out with his younger brothers.

I love all my black cats, past, present and future!  They deserve a loving home as much as any other cat, and should not be treated differently simply because they are black.  Here's to the fabulous house panthers in my life!


7 comments:

  1. You have had some awesome black kitties! I love Oliver, Harrison and Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happee black cat day guys !!! houz pantherz rock....all wayz has.....all waz will ! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kitties. We love black cats too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fine black cats they are. We wanna know how you tell them apart, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning housepanthers! We're with the Island Cats ... how do you tell them apart? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of all your beautiful house panthers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so right! Your photos are just beautiful! Gorgeous kitties! Happy Black Cat Appreciation Day!!!! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete

We love comments...meows and purrs please!