Wednesday, October 27, 2010
I had 6 fosters at the time and really didn't have any more room...so I told her when my kids were adopted, I would be able to take him. She brought him to adoptathons so I could play with him and love on him. At one event a gentleman came up and was interested in Devon. Everyone there had suspicions about this man, and was like, oh no...this lady over here (pointing at me) is adopting him. The man came over to me and asked, are you adopting this kitten? I had a weird feeling too, and was like, absolutely, this kitten is mine.
As luck would have it, my fosters were ALL adopted that day, and Devon came home with me! He was about 5-6 weeks old, and eating on his own. He was spoiled rotten from day one, and we've tried our best to keep him that way :)
Thanks for being a great cat Devon!! I am so blessed to have you in my life!
PS - It's also Aunties birthday today...
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Monday, October 25, 2010
Trying a small bite....
Friday, October 22, 2010
Mojo was a spunky boy and I miss him every day...
- Seeing him snuggled in a favorite bed
- Hearing him boss me around with his 'pack a day' voice
- Watching him attack a favorite toy and diving under the couch to get it
- Seeing the pure joy on his face when you would pop the top of the can of food
I am thankful for the 4 short years Mojo lived with me, and know he is having a blast at the Bridge today. Fly High Superman!!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Smokey says the Black-eyed Susans are still looking pretty...the birds love these flowers.
Here's a short clip of Smokey checking out the yard...he and I were the only ones out there, so he came over to make sure I was still ok...such a sweet boy :)
For more great gardens...check out the Society of Feline Gardeners.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
Here are the Flats with a skeleton of a cat, and a real cat brain!
Thursday, October 14, 2010
- I am thankful that Fall is here which means cooler weather and fewer allergies. My eyes are looking and feeling fantastic these days! (Not like in the pic above)
- I am thankful for my bouncing ball with the streamers...I love that toy! It is so fun to chase around and chew on.
- I am thankful that my mom is a softie and will give me special treats when I go in the pantry!
- I am thankful I get brushed every morning...my furs are super shiny! (sometimes I'm thankful because that makes Devon jealous)
- I am thankful to live in a home, with plenty of food...there are many people in the world that aren't as lucky as I am. I heard mom mention something called 'sponsoring a child'...I hope no more kitties are coming to live with us though. :)
- I am thankful for my brothers...they provide plenty of entertainment throughout the day for me.
- I am thankful I have out grown some of their antics, and can't believe I was ever that silly.
- I am thankful for our blog readers and friends!
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
These sweet black cats were made by one of the vendors at the Apple Festival.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Friday, October 08, 2010
Here she is writing their names on the ornament...
Thursday, October 07, 2010
To see more gardens check out the Society of Feline Gardeners.
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Monday, October 04, 2010
Happy Monday everyone!! We plan to get around to all the LIVESTRONG posts today, as we were gone most of the weekend.
Saturday, October 02, 2010
We send purrs to all those who are currently battling cancer, or know someone who is.
We support organizations and foundations that are trying to find a cure. Mojo donated his tumor to help research...maybe one day there will be no more Fibrosarcoma in cats!
Friday, October 01, 2010
Tomorrow is the Apple Festival in the western part of our state. Maybe the Flats will make an appearance!
Oct 11th is Canadian Thanksgiving which we will celebrate, since Cousin Pirate believes he is Canadian. If any of our friends from the North would like to share some favorite recipes that would be great!
Oct 22nd is Mojo's birthday...this is his second one at the Bridge...we will have a special beef dish in his honor that night.
Oct 27th is Aunties birthday...I won't say how old she is :)
Oct 31st is Halloween!! How can you live with two black cats and one orange boy and not love Halloween? It is impossible!!
Well that you have it...we are looking for to Livestrong day tomorrow, and wish everyone a Happy Weekend!!